Friday, December 21, 2007

Got a little done today

I hadn't expected to work any today, but grading student papers went faster than expected yesterday, so I had this morning available after all. I gave it a shot, but I guess I had already psyched myself out with the idea of a break--that and the lack of confidence I'm having about this chapter overall--so I ended up avoiding the real development work I still need to do and just did sentence-level tinkering with my draft for about an hour.

Regrettable, but not as bad as not working at all. I'm going on the theory that if I treat the daily habit as sacred it will get done eventually. Persevering through these days when it's hard to see the point is part of the process.

Nevertheless, I'm off until at least the day after xmas. Unavoidable commitments.

No comments: