Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tough sledding

Some days I just never get in the groove and I'm fully conscious of working and that it is work. When that happens, I just have to keep pushing through. This was one of those days.

It's hard because the material starts to feel really boring to work on and there's one more reason to feel less confident. I have to keep reminding myself that it's all part of the process. When it feels like I'm working through a list of boring tasks, it's important at least to keep getting those tasks done until I get in a different mood and to count that as progress. Even if I'm only discovering what doesn't work (which is probably not all that's happening--it just feels that way) that's better than stalling and giving up.

I think about I worked about 1:45 today before I couldn't concentrate any longer. Added some changes I want to work on. I'm still hoping to finish tomorrow--Wednesday--and then to move on to Chapter 3 before the weekend. Not sure it's going to happen though.

No comments: