Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Finished" with Part 1

I only worked a few days this week, but more hours each time so it probably equaled a full week's work. I'm putting in a rare Saturday session today, also.

I finished Chapter 8--and therefore Part 1--this morning. It's one of my temporary finishes, I think. I've got a lot of nagging doubts about it, and my plan is have my wife read Ch. 7 and 8 tomorrow, talk it over with her and then in all likelihood circle back to work on them some more. I have another week to work on it before my trip starts.

At this point, Part 1 is 338 typescript pages and 106,420 words. The last few chapters ended up growing a lot less from the original manuscript length than the first few chapters did.

If Part 2 holds to my plan of being approx. 1/3 of the total length, then it would be about 169 typed pages and 53,000 words, and the whole book after the first rewrite would be about 507 typed pages and 160,000 words. That would be roughly 320 printed pages. That's a little more reasonable than the last estimate I worked up. Still way too long by about about 30,000 words.

No comments: