Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Starting chapter 2

I read through Chapter 2 this a.m. I should have done it over the long weekend so that I could start fresh on the work today, but I'm not very disciplined about squeezing work in on the weekends.

I'm pleased with what I saw--not because it was any good but because some obvious fixes jumped out at me. For now, contrary to what I said last week, the next work to be done isn't so much about digging and developing as it is about trimming out a big section that is quite weak. One solution would be to try and dig into it and turn it into something, but in this case I think it's better to focus on what's going on in the rest of the chapter--to foreground and emphasize that other stuff by cutting out the less developed stuff.

So it's a trim and patch job. I'll start on that tomorrow morning.

No comments: