Thursday, May 7, 2009

They say that travel broadens the mind

I'll be off a couple days. My baby sister is graduating from law school, so it's back to my childhood home and some time with family.

I decided to go with Michael Chabon book for the airplane. I'm also taking the outline of my book so I can doodle on it. I find that traveling inevitably makes me reflective and shakes things up on whatever is on my mind, so it can be productive in a roundabout way. (I can never get any actual work done on a plane.)

The same goes for visiting my childhood home and spending time with family--shaking me up and making my reflective. It will probably remind of ten episodes I ought to include in my book, but I'll resist that. Maybe I'll make notes for the sequel.

That's it until Monday.

No comments: