Sunday, July 12, 2009

Feeling better

Nothing in particular to add today except that I'm feeling optimistic about finishing before long.

I did have my wife read the changes to Ch. 11, and she objected yet again to the development of one critical moment. I stewed on it yesterday and took another run at it this a.m. (A Sunday. I'm neglecting shopping and all other kinds of housework lately.) She finally gave tentative approval to that.

In all honesty, the process was helpful and important to help me get a better sense of what is going on with a character at a key moment. Necessary work, and I like the result.

So, on to the last chapter of Part I and then Part II. Like I said before, I'm harboring the delusion for as long as possible, that all the bone deep problems in the book are in Ch. 11 or earlier and that from here on the editing will go more quickly. If so, maybe about two weeks to finish?

No comments: