Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Torn between two solutions

Suffering today from playing basketball--in pain and moving slow from lack of sleep.

I got about 1:15 of work in. Hard to concentrate. Chapter 2 has some serious problems with it and I'm torn between two possible solutions. It's very long with some long boring parts in it. On the one hand, I'm tempted to break into two chapters and try to develop the boring parts into something meaningful that more closely connects to the story. On the other hand, it might be better to chop it all out and try to handle that material in just a couple summary paragraphs. The problem is that within the long boring parts there are elements that I feel are important to establish. I can't lose it all. What's the best way to get them established?

No comments: