Monday, March 23, 2009

Minus seven pages

I input the changes on the first two chapters today and it was the equivalent of 2 working sessions, which I could afford because it's spring break. Perhaps I'll make a big push this week. I think the typical working day during this process is likely to be only 1 chapter per day.

My pencil estimates for these two chapters had me at minus 8 pages and my actual was minus 7. So I'm down to 502 pp.

However (really being obsessive, I know) I essentially gave away two new pages by creating two new chapter breaks, splitting each of Chs. 1 and 2 in half. I potentially would have been down to 500. Those new chapter breaks are not going to be definite. More on that another time when I think it through. For now I'll keep referring to Chs. 1 and 2 in the same way.

On to Chapter 3 tomorrow.

No comments: