Monday, March 16, 2009

Return to work--chs. 8-10

Last week was just about a total loss. It's hard to return from a week like that usually, plus I've got a case of the blues. But experience tells me that the only thing to do for it is to turn to the first page and start reading until you see something to fix. I prefer to know what the agenda is and have a to do list and the confidence that I know how to go about it, but when I don't have all that, I have to find a way in.

So, I'm back to work on Chs. 8-10 and 14. These are the "new" chapters 8-10 and 14 after all the chopping in half and pasting in new places that I discussed earlier. The parts were organized and waiting for me until now to do that rest. What remains is basically writing the framing material around it.

I put in two brief sessions today, a.m. and p.m., getting through two of the four chapters in question, I guess. I don't feel like it's any good, but it's progress of some kind. Maybe tomorrow I can do the other two chapters.

Whenever I finish that, then it's on the rest of the "read through" of the entire book. I have 3 chapters to go. The numbering is all screwy now, but I guess I'm close enough to the end that I can just rely on my old Latin lessons to refer to the chapters--the antepenultimate, the penultimate, and the ultimate.

No comments: