Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lost

I was wiped out at the end of yesterday from bullying my way through not knowing what I was doing and finally "finishing" Ch. 10. I've been in the same space today trying to work through Ch. 11, not feeling any confidence or flow at all. I'm hitting flaws and have a frightening feeling that they are deep structural problems that will cause everything to come down on top of me if I investigate too closely.

It's hard to explain. I'm wandering around in the text with no sense of what the work is leading to.

Anyway, the problems I discovered sent me back this morning to do still more work on Ch. 10. I've been working on Ch. 11 this afternoon, and I think I'm going to leave it for today and try to do some brainstorming so I have a better sense of what to write tomorrow.

Thursday will probably be a loss for personal reasons. With luck, Ch. 12 on Friday will go easily, and then I'll be done with Part I. (In terms of page count, I'm pretty sure I'm over 2/3 through.)

Also, I have a hope, self-deceiving no doubt, that any real structural problems are set up and are therefore being fixed in Part I and that the revision of Part II will just fly by in comparison.

No comments: