Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In the zone

Damn, I've been working hard. I've put in the equivalent of about 4 of my usual sessions since yesterday afternoon, including most of today so far. It's difficult to count, but I'm guessing I've written about 6,000 words of new material. The total length has grown by a little bit, because I'm trimming other stuff out as I write some of the new stuff.

I forget how much I rounded down the last time I settled the word count. Let's say I have about 74,000 words now. Up from whatever I said a few weeks ago.

I'm working through the problem section I mentioned yesterday and it's requiring a lot of new material. Hard to know if it's any good, but it's at least a little more active than previously. I wish I could say I had it all done, but I've run out of energy just short of the finish line. (I hope.) I have one more short scene to draft and then that should transition me out of this difficult section.

Whew. So many moving parts to keep track of in something more plot driven like this project is.

No comments: