Thursday, February 17, 2011

Time out

Alright, I'm going to say that this section I've been laboring over is good enough for this draft and move on. I have lots of notes in it about what still needs to be fixed, but I'll save those for the next draft.

And in moving on to the next big section of the book, I'm actually pulling over to a rest stop. Today is Thursday. The rest of the week I have to devote to some paying work, which I can hopefully finish before the end of the day tomorrow. Monday is a scheduled day off for other reasons. So, hopefully, I'll be back on it by Tuesday and from there on out move at the faster pace I had up until this last section.

I'm getting to that stage where I'm losing sight of it and can't tell what's good or bad. When I finish this draft the smart thing will be to take some time away from it, though I won't want to.

No comments: